Hard Rock Café World Burger Tour!!! (Review)



Last night I was invited to taste the famous burgers that are currently on their World Burger Tour. I know what you are thinking, how can burgers be on tour?? Well, Hard Rock have you bought you different burgers form different parts of the world. The 4 that we got to taste were the following: Tennessee BBQ Burger from Tennessee, United States; Ole Burger from Barcelona, Spain; Kimichi Burger from Seoul, South Korea; and lastly Banh Mi Burger form Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. The tour ends on the 30th of June, so make sure, you make your way to Hard Rock Johannesburg before you miss out on this explosion of flavours and food innovation.



What can I say about the burgers? I think the better question is what can I not say about them?!? They were absolutely amazing and unlike anything I nor my photographer have ever tasted.  We both got smaller taster burgers, and we couldn’t finish them. They were filling not to mention filled with flavour. My favorite, which was the crowd favorite as well was the Tennessee Burger. It had the beef patty, pulled pork, pickle slices, “Memphis slaw”, pig sauce, crispy onions and cheddar cheese. So in my mind I was thinking, I love the idea of having pulled pork as well as a beef patty, normally you get one or the other, so having them together had me excited. Then my second thought was, I’m not sure that all of those flavours would go well. I was SO SO SO wrong!!!! It was one of the best burgers I have ever tasted.



My trusty photographer eats so much food and loves burgers. He doesn’t like onions, bell peppers and tomatoes. He ate those burgers like they were going out of fashion, his favorite one had peppers, onions and bits of tomatoes. He NEVER eats anything that contains those ingredients or takes them off without a problem. Let me tell you, he didn’t take one thing off, and it ended up being his favorite of the night. His favorite was called the Ole Burger from Spain. It had the following on it, red and yellow peppers, red peppered Romesco sauce, and white cheddar. For him to eat that and love it without taking anything off then you know that it’s good.


The other two burger were also heroes, but those two were our favorites. The other two, Kimchi and Banh Mi Birger were just as brilliantly constructed.

 The Banh Mi i Burger was filled with a patty cucumber, pickled veggies, green onions, and Vietnamese glaze.  The chef told us that this would be the driest of the burger set and that was the least favorite of the lot. We found it great. The cucumber juices made it less dry and was refreshing. The Kimchi burger was the spicy one for spicy, peri-peri lovers. Filled with a burger patty topped with Sriracha seasoned kimchi, tomatoes, lettuces Srirachi Mayo and bulgogi sauce. The burn was just enough and not too over bearing.



My first favorite was from a place in Berlin called Burger Meister. Now I never thought that I could ever beat that best burger taste. This (Tennessee) burger is on par and possibly better than that. I love the fact that one doesn’t need to travel the world to find new and adventurous flavours, when amazing food like these burgers are being made right here in South Africa. Thank you Hard Rock Café for bringing the tastes of the world right to our door step.



A special thanks and mention to Hard Rock Café for the amazing food and service, Joseph our waiter, Carmen the manager who helped and explained, the wonderful chef who explained what the burgers were and where they came from, and Tammy for organising this amazing tasting.



BURGER REVIEW RATINGS:

Taste of Burger: 5/5

Variety of Burger: 4/5

Look of Burger: 4/5

Venue: 5/5


Service: 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment